1. No persons under the age of 18 are
permitted to attend any event with Sussex Darkside, unless accompanied by a supervising adult, such as a parent or guardian. And they only do so, if that adult takes responsibility for
2. Our locations are not suitable for all clients with disabilities. Sussex Darkside value all our clients but unfortunately due to the conditions and structure of the buildings we work in it is not always feasible to provide access for people with disabilities and we have to ensure that safety is paramount. If you would like any additional information regarding our locations please call us on 07949 453991 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Due to restrictions at our locations and the nature of the entertainment, we do not recommend heavily pregnant women attend an event.
4. Each client will act in a responsible manner and respect others. You will not cause harm or injury to anyone else or put yourself or anyone else in danger. You will respect the nature of the event and behave accordingly. When leaving the event you will ensure that due to the lateness of the hour you will respect the needs of nearby residents by leaving quietly and quickly.
5. Absolutely no alcohol or drugs are permitted on any event unless the alcohol is provided by the venue or Sussex Darkside. If anyone appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or is suspected of bringing either alcohol or drugs to the event they will be asked to leave immediately and will not be refunded for any part of money paid for the event. The staff at Sussex Darkside will use their own discretion and have the ultimate decision to evict anyone whom they consider to be behaving in an inappropriate manner due to alcohol or drugs.
6. There are strict laws on smoking indoors and Sussex Darkside does not allow anyone to smoke except at appointed breaks, in a specified safe area.
7. Sussex Darkside will not be liable for any
damage or loss to property and personal equipment either on the journey to the event, during the event and on the journey back home from the event. This includes any damage that may be caused
by any spiritual or poltergeist activity during the event.
8. It is important that each client is aware that they attend the events at their own risk. Sussex Darkside accept no liability for any accident/incident/injury to a client however it may be caused. Sussex Darkside attempts to foresee any potential problems or hazards in order to eliminate them before the event. However, due to the nature of the events and locations accidents can still happen. We encourage all our clients to have their own third party public liability insurance. Although Sussex Darkside has its own public liability insurance some of our policies may not be covered due to the fact that some of the location boundaries are beyond the normal public access categories.
9. By accepting and agreeing with these terms and conditions you are further indemnifying the promoters/organisers/individuals from and against all legal liability in respect of any claims, damages, costs, penalties, actions, demands, proceedings, any kind of legal suits, losses or expenses amounted in respect of or arising out of the injury to or the death of any person, or persons, or damage to any property arising from the client’s participation and involvement in the event or activity or premises pertaining to the event.
10. Sussex Darkside accepts no responsibility for any clothing, equipment, damage to vehicles, parking fines, clamping of vehicles. All property and effects belonging to you are your responsibility and we would urge you to protect your property and keep all said articles safe whilst attending the event.
11. There are occasions when events are cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control of Sussex Darkside. If these events are cancelled then you will be given a full refund of monies paid for the said event. We will endeavour to ensure that every client is made aware of a cancelled event as soon as possible. However, if this has not been possible, Sussex Darkside will not refund any expenses incurred due to the cancellation of an event, this includes travel and hotel expenses.
12. When any part of an event is in the open air it is obviously going to be affected by the weather conditions. Although in very rare circumstances would this have an effect on the event, if it does Sussex Darkside reserves the right to move the event into covered conditions. However, this is very rare and it is the responsibility of the client to ensure that they are wearing appropriate clothing and are protected against the weather. In the event of severe adverse weather conditions Sussex Darkside reserve the right to cancel an event. As much notice as possible will be given to guests prior to travelling to the event. However, if the weather is such that any member of the Sussex Darkside Team is unable to reach the event then Sussex Darkside will deem the event to be inaccessible and therefore cancelled. This may happen as late as guests travelling en route to the event. Sussex Darkside, will, however, endeavour to ensure that this is the last option taken and will always work towards the event going ahead as planned.
13. Sussex Darkside holds all their events at locations that have demonstrated paranormal activity witnessed and recorded by ourselves and others. It is impossible to guarantee what activity may occur during an event. This may be minimal or very intense resulting in injury to yourself or your clothing due to paranormal activity. Sussex Darkside accept no responsibility for whatever may occur as a result of any paranormal activity. It also accepts no responsibility if minimal or no activity is experienced on an event.
14. Sussex Darkside suggest that due to the lateness of the investigation you make arrangements that ensure you are not too tired to drive and perhaps book into a hotel or guest house prior to the event. Remember Tiredness Can Kill.
15. These terms and conditions are non-negotiable and your booking of an event demonstrates their acceptance by you, the client. These conditions and any contract into which they are incorporated shall be subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
16. Sussex Darkside will endeavour to ensure that your time spent at the location is fruitful and rewarding and between us we should all have an experience that will not be forgotten.
17. The use of cameras, filming and recording equipment is permitted on GHOST HUNTS subject to limitations. Any footage caught is deemed to be for personal use only and not for public view. Before commencing video or audio capture you must advise anybody being recorded so that they are aware and have the choice not to be included. It is also imperative that you seek consent from the Sussex Darkside Office by email before releasing any audio or visual footage into the public domain and this includes Facebook and personal websites. This is to ensure that our guests, events and our locations are not compromised in any way. Failure to comply with this could lead to legal action being taken. You may be asked to sign a document during your event and some locations do have limitations for filming in order to ensure the enjoyment of all guests.
GDPR (General Data Protection
Regulation) from 25th May 2018
When you book onto one of our events, we add your email address, firstname, lastname and town onto our spreadsheet which is kept on the hard-drive of a computer with password access. We do not store your address. We keep these details after the event you have attended so we can recognise you if you book with us again.
No one outside of Sussex Darkside has access to this information.
We do not and never will share your personal information with any third party.
We will not email you except with regards to an event that you are attending or have attended with us.
If you do not want us to keep your personal information, please tell us.
We can cancel a Sussex Darkside event at any time for any reason at our own discretion. We can particularly cancel an event if not enough customers have booked to make in financially viable to operate. If we have to cancel, we will tell you as soon as reasonably possible. In these circumstances we will give you a full refund of any money paid to us or move your booking to another event of your choice (within reason) but we will have no other liability whatsoever to you.
It is your responsibility at the time of booking to ensure that you are able to make the event date as Sussex Darkside cannot offer a refund or transfer your places if you are unable to attend. Our locations are paid in advance and we are liable for these costs even if you cannot make the event. All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. We cannot put your places back up for sale on the website if you are unable to attend your event. However, if the ticket price has been paid in full your tickets can be transferred to a third party. Providing you notify Sussex Darkside at least 25 hours before the event.
We want all of our guests to enjoy our events and to feel safe, one disruptive guest can have an adverse effect on any event. We would therefore like you to read and agree to the terms set out in this policy.
There is a strict behaviour code on our events which all guests should be made aware of. No behaviour will be tolerated that has a detrimental impact on the event or the other guests. Any behaviour deemed inappropriate will be dealt with swiftly and the person or people concerned will automatically be removed from the event regardless of any transport difficulties or any adverse weather conditions.
It is the individual’s responsibility to ensure their club membership is kept up to date, and tickets may only be purchased if the membership is in date at the time of purchase. It is also the individuals responsibility not to bring public image of the Club into dis-repute, by entering into any act that will disadvantage the club in any way, or cause harm or distress, offence, or personal difficulty any other member of the club. Sussex Dark Side has the right to withdraw membership status, together with its benefits, should it feel any of the above conditions have been broken, without the refund of any membership fees paid.